Friday, May 30, 2008

BBQ

Following Carol's recommendation, Patrick, Derek, and I went to a place called Pat's BBQ for lunch.

It seemed like a little hole-in-the-wall, but opened up quite a bit once we got inside. A live "band" played music (actually two guys) while we ate lunch, and played so loudly, that I couldn't hear Patrick and Derek across the table.


However, I had a good time, and found the atmosphere fun and lively. Lunch hit the spot too. Derek said it was the best meat he had ever had. We all ordered "burnt ends" which basically amounted to beef brisket.

My lunch cost about $13, and I tipped the band $2. I didn't leave anything for my waiter, because he didn't do anything for me except take my order. He didn't deliver my food, and he never revisited our table. Plus, the little time he did spend at our table, made me not like him very much.

Anyway, if you like loud slap-your-knee type music, BBQ, and shelling your own peanuts, you might want to check out Pat's BBQ. 155 West Commonwealth Ave. One street south of 2100 South.

No comments: