Sunday, August 10, 2008

Believe It Or Not...

If I want to get our Halloween Display up by October 17th, then I have just over two months to get it ready.

I decided last October to try and get some preparation work done this summer, because I've missed my target setup date for the last two years. During 2006 I had to set everything up in a new house/yard, and then in 2007 I moved the entire cemetery to the front (inside the garage). Okay, both of those things took some major planning, and a lot more work than if I had just up the same thing as the year before.

Hence, guess what I worked on today?


I really only have one large gravestone (the obelisk), and I decided last year that I needed more. I want some gravestones with large bases, that stand up taller than the rest. So, I got to work on this one today. I based it off a picture I found on the internet, so I just kind of made up the dimensions.

Anyway, I want to try and work on one each weekend, and then I'll have a painting party in October once I've created all my new gravestones. Making a headstone (especially one this big) involves a lot of cutting, gluing, puttying, sanding, and painting.

I hope to see you all this October. Muhahaha!

No comments: