Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Stephenie Meyer's fourth book Breaking Dawn released to the public Saturday. I probably shouldn't admit (because I have testosterone, not estrogen) that I have read the previous three books. I didn't really like book two, but one and three held my interest enough, and I might rate the series 7 out of 10.

Anyway, Friday night Nancy (who just finished book one; Twilight) told me she HAD to have Breaking Dawn. I got online, and researched midnight release parties, and found that our local Barnes and Noble would stay open.

We ended up in what I would consider the fifth group; unnumbered white wrist bands. I don't know how many people we had ahead of us, but by 1:00 AM, it seemed like we still had an hour wait.

The picture below shows the third group (maybe a couple hundred people). They had to wait for the people who remained in the store, and then the line of people just outside the store.


I sent Nancy off to the Centerville Walmart to check if they had it, which they did. She returned to pick me up, around 1:30 AM, and I figured it saved us about thirty minutes. I told Nancy to get three books for the people behind us in line, and they seemed happy about that.

So, I just hope Nancy appreciates my love and support for going to the Breaking Dawn release party with her.

By the way, if you aren't familiar with these books... you seriously need to get out more. Just the buzz over the movie Twilight is something you should have heard about. That comes out on my birthday, and I am sure Nancy will force me to see it that night. Happy Birthday to me.

No comments: