Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You Wonder What It Takes?

Although I started working on my Halloween display in early August, I still have a ton of work to do.

I digress, I don't want to make it sound like I do all the work, Nancy helps a ton and will graciously help with what remains.

Anyway, I've already spent a solid 100 hours working on things. Such as modifying all the existing fence, building a new cemetery gate, creating new gravestones, and repairing the front window background.

I've spent about $600.00 so far, and will probably double that before the season ends. That doesn't include shopping on November 1st. Muhahaha!

I guess that Nancy and I will collectively log 400+ hours before October 17th, and this is why:

September 7 – 13

Putty and sand cemetery gate
Affix decorative rings into fence
Putty screw holes in fence
Paint gate and touchup fence
Stamp Styrofoam background
Start scripting broadcast
Place order for new gear

September 14 – 20

Redo cemetery pillars brick facades
Redo cemetery pillars tops
Start work on broadcast
Putty and sand gravestones
o Tube top
o Large angel
o Small angel
o Single cross
o Double cross
o Large cross
o Round ball
o Monk

September 21 – 27

Paint gravestones
Paint Styrofoam background
Complete work on new sound F/X CDs
List unwanted items on KSL
Start searching cemetery for discarded flower arrangements
Research TaylorManor.com

September 28 – 4

Determine hanging system for vampire
Determine location for tortured soul
Determine solution for sink window
Convert garage into staging area
Remove decorations from attic and under deck
Build monk
Build bride
Build vampire
Build demon
Put out lawn ornaments
Decorate inside of house

October 5 – 11

Search for leaves, vines, and trees
Setup pillars
Set fence posts and hang fence
Run power to needed locations
Setup FCG
Finalize broadcast
Serge curtain edges
Cut supports for new gravestones
Setup front window
Wrap gate in barbed wire

October 12 – 18

Setup kitchen window
Setup gravestones
Setup coffin
Set trees into stands
Move staging area to piano room
Setup grove F/Xs

Full display ready by dusk on Friday, October 17th

No comments: