A few people tagged me to complete the "25 things about me" list. However, I've completed a handful of similar lists in the past for my blog. So, I thought I would list 25 things you might not already know about me.
1- My teacher sent me to the principal's office in 4th grade. Recess ended and we couldn't get into our classroom. I climbed through an outside window, and opened the classroom door to let the other kids in. The teacher didn't like hearing that once she decided to show up.
2- I don't like wallpaper. Never have, never will.
3- I taught myself all the practical knowledge I know about computers. People often ask, “How do you know all this stuff?”
4- I don’t take any medications.
5- One night I returned from a friend’s house, and found two huge beetles on my back when I took my shirt off. Not on the back of my shirt… on my skin. I do not know how they got there.
6- I marked the scenes (the person who calls out, "Scene 3, Take 5!" Clack!) on a mattress commercial with Vanna White. We filmed in a studio, inside the state capital, and in front of the City and County building.
7- I like digital volume controls knobs to show even numbers. I listen at level 22 not 23, etc.
8- My parents brought me home from the hospital in a giant Christmas stocking.
9- I don’t have any phobias. But, I get a little nervous when water rafting, and climbing high on extension ladders.
10- I had just turned 15 when my father died at the age of 50. I didn’t understand people’s comment at the funeral about how young we both were. Now I do.
11- I have won the top raffle prize at a couple events.
12- I will not kill anything on purpose except mosquitoes. I will not kill spiders I see in my house. Ear wigs seem a lot creepier to me than spiders, and spiders eat ear wigs, so I consider them my little exterminators.
13- Generally speaking, I can fix or repair anything mechanical.
14- I’ve lived in three different countries, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Brazil.
15- My only surgery happened in 1994. I hurt my left middle finger while changing the oil in my Mustang.
16- I still own nearly all of my childhood toys.
17- I earned the home economics Student of the Year award in Jr. High.
18- I once killed a robin with a slingshot. Sure, I aimed for it, but I guess I never expected to hit it. I'll never forget the image of it rolling down the hill, and since the rock didn't kill it right away, I had to watch it die. It makes me sick just remembering it.
19- I’ve never gone TP’ing.
20- I estimate I own $25,000 worth of Halloween decorations.
21- I can climb just about anything, and have the nickname Spider Matt.
22- Light switches that do not line up drive me nuts. I like them all up or all down. Not one up and one down.
23- I got lost in the Uintah Mountains as a child. Luckily, I found my way back right before dusk.
24- Once while in high school, I burned some pine needles in my back yard. My neighbor (such a witch) called to tattle on me. Well guess what? My mom asked me to burn the pine needles, so she told Melody to just mind her own business.
25- There are three types of people in this world, those who know how to count, and those who don’t.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment