Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Email From Cal

Cal had his teeth cleaned yesterday. In case you don't know, that doesn't happen very easily for a cat. It involves anesthesia, an IV drip, blood work, a full-day-stay at the vet, and three Ben Franklins.

When we returned home with Cal, Roy did not seem normal. He sat in the corner all night (instead of on me), and growled and hissed at Cal. Even this morning when Cal tried to love him, Roy hissed at him and jumped down off the bed.

Because of Cal's ordeal, and Roy acting like a little pill, I gave Cal a present I had been hanging onto for his birthday. Anyway, all of this provides a little background to the email I just received from Cal.

Hi Dad,

I just wanted to thank you for the fun toy you bought me. I have been having so much fun playing with it today. Hooper and Roy don't care about it one bit!

Mom went and bought me a bunch of soft food today. Thank goodness, because I was REALLY hungry. Hooper was very nice and just watched me eat my food. Roy acted like he wanted food until he saw that I was there. I don't get what his problem is.

Oh, the vet just called and talked to Mom. She said I was doing well, but my stupid brother Roy has a problem with me. Mandy couldn't think of why he would act like this unless he can smell the other cats on me or he doesn't like how I smell. She said that maybe Roy has problems of his own.

Love,
CAL



1 comment:

Cormorant said...

Silly Roy. And what exactly is Cal's toy? I can't tell from the picture?