Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm Tired

A couple years ago, we saw a "Get Gepthardt" story, in which Bill pointed out the danger of driving on old tires. We ended up replacing some old tires either on Cherry (Ford Aspire) or Tupper (Saturn SC2); I can't really recall which one.

Then last week Andrea (my friend from work) sent me this link. You should watch, really.

I figured I probably should check the tires on our Yukon, and discovered a DOT number of 2401. So, I had a set of nine year old tires. The tread maybe had another 8,000 miles worth of life left, but I decided to replace them anyway. I guess I'd rather feel safe than sorry. Plus, the old tires came from Firestone, and they don't have a good history anyway.

One trip to our Costco tire center and $760 later, we rolled out on a new set of Michelin tires.


Nice thing, since February 2009, we've driven the car just over 2,100 miles. So, we won't have to incur that expense again. We'll sell the car long before it needs a new set of tires.

No comments: