One week into 2008, we had this snow storm. It snowed, snowed some more, and kept snowing. I don't mind shoveling occasionally, but three times in one day, no thanks.
I told Nancy to get in the car, so we could head into Salt Lake to shop for snow throwers. She hesitated since we had just started the new year, and spending a load of money didn't really fit with her new budget.
We looked at Sears, Sam's Club, Lowe's, and Costco. Ultimately, we purchased a 7 hp 26 in. 4-Cycle snow thrower from Sears.

Nancy should blog about the drive home. That's another story.
We told my mom about the snow thrower, and she said we'd probably use it for the one storm, but not get more use out of it than that for the winter.
She could not have made a worse prediction. It seems like every time I turn around (since January 6th), I have the snow thrower out in the driveway throwing snow. Nancy shovels up the little piles I miss, and the whole thing takes about seven minutes; about half the time than before the snow thrower.
Plus, I get bonus points in heaven since I plow my neighbors' sidewalks.
However, the snow can stop now. Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment