I tore apart our existing entertainment center last Tuesday. I knew that it would take a few hours to rewire everything and add the TV stand. Supposedly, the TV delivery comes with white glove service. That means EAGLE USA removes all the packing material, and places the TV in the desired room. So once all of that happens, it should only take me a minute to connect the TV since I did all the dirty work on Tuesday.
Kris wanted to know how anyone could be so "neat and organized." I'll let the pictures do the talking. Remember, if you click on a picture, it will enlarge it.
Something missing?
For one thing, I organized the components in our TV stand with the top removed. It made things much easier. The component on the right side of the picture is my power center for our home entertainment center. It provides surge protection and "cleans" the power. Some of the component's power cords couldn't reach the power center. Pre-made extension cords don't seem to come in sizes smaller than 8' feet, so I made three 4' extension cords (they fit just right).
I used pipe insulation foam to wrap around my bundle of wires that pass through the open space from the component rack to the TV stand. It gives a cleaner look, and takes away the pink color of the speaker wire. You can also see the pieces of card board that I painted black and taped (using gaffers tape) to the back of the stands. You should buy some gaffers tape, it really kicks ass.
The back of the receiver looks like this. Amazingly, you cannot see this "mess" from the front. I like to use the flexible black tubing you see running off the speaker. It has a slit in it, and you can slide it over the wires. You can see that I also used it in the power center picture to bundle the power cords together. This will help prevent damage, and keep things looking neat.
Another angle. This is wiring for our CD player, second AMP, TV, DVD player, VCR, Tivo, speaker selector switch, receiver, and nine speakers.
And finally, a view from the front. Hey, where'd all the wires go?
No comments:
Post a Comment