Thursday, March 13, 2008

Electronic Bonanza!

My Tivo post generated more comments than:

1) I thought it would
2) More than any post before (I think)

So, I thought I would blog about tearing apart my home theater.

I bought a new TV from Crutchfield on Sunday.

Why?

To get ready for Summer. Our upstairs gets considerably warmer than our basement during the summer months. So, if we had a decent TV downstairs, we could scuttle down there, and give the A/C a break (and our electric bill too).

We will replace Nancy's 20 year old TV.


Sweet eh? I wish we had a place for this 21" CRT dinosaur. Oh wait, no I don't.

Anyway, upstairs still reigns as our home theater room, so the new fancy TV will go there. Which means the Pioneer rear projection TV will go downstairs. Hence, the reason for picking up a Tivo HD box. It will serve as our cable decoder for the basement.

All of this meant rearranging the upstairs component racks. Here are some pictures from the carnage.




Pictures of the final product could show up Monday. If not, Tuesday.

No comments: