Monday, October 13, 2008

DKS 03

9.13.07
Ahhh, my third destination, The arctic! It was getting way too hot in the MIDDLE East and I was sweating my gonads off - thanks for making me feel like a dumbass - it is true that the Far East was my original destination, however there was a mix up at the airport. I'm still hoping to get to the far east at some point in my adventures - But I digress...

As I was saying, ahhhhhh the arctic! What a wonderful place! My guide here is a strange and interesting character named Frosty. He is a bit cold and unfriendly but he is getting the job done. The strange thing about him is that he's got a corn cob pipe and a button noes and 2 eyes made out of coal. Hmmmmm...

So far we've spotted whales, penguins, walrus and one friendly polar bear seems to be following us in our trek, I'm told they can be a bit tricky. Frosty advised me not to feed them but what does he know?

(10 minutes later)

Clearly I should not have fed the polar bear...

Sorry to hear about your nasty case of the crabs, I will get back to you about the remedy. Until next time....




Dwight

P.S. Buttercup died in the desert, she was delicious.


9.13.07
Now Dwight, please don't take this the wrong way, but I wonder if you're being dishonest with me. We've been friends for nearly three years now, and so I feel as though we know each other pretty well. I just get the feeling that you aren't really traveling at all...maybe just having your picture taken in a studio in front of different sets. Some reasons behind my thinking:

-Traveling between locations faster than is physically possible.
-Writing that you were in the Far East yesterday, but really you weren't.
-Sending pictures of a camel and Eiffel Tower that don't look real or proportionate
-Seeing an odd blip in the bottom right corner of your desert picture that looks like it says "iTunes"

Anyway, maybe you're just trying to have some fun with me; I just hope it doesn't indicate something more. Or, maybe I don't even know what I am talking about. If so, please forgive my questioning.

So, about your trip to the Arctic. I noticed the size difference between you and the bear, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out it must be a cub. It is probably following you because it was somehow separated from its mother. I would be a little leery if I were you, if his mother catches the two of you together...good night!

Well, I better get back to work. I have to setup a new laptop for our stupid librarian. All she does is complain about her laptop. "My battery doesn't work..." or "My laptop won't go to sleep..." or "My screen flickers..." It's no longer under warranty, so I am giving her a totally new laptop. Geeezzz, I can already imagine what she'll bitch about with this one. I don't know, sometimes I wonder why I even get up in the morning to come to work. You know?

Love,
Matthew

No comments: