Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pet Peeves

I decided (just now, as one just happened to me) that I might post a list of pet peeves. I don't think I've seen such lists on other blogs, so if you would like to tag yourself, please do.

10 Pet Peeves

1- Mastication noises. Period. I literally have to cover my ears.

2- Mindless drivers who neglect their turn signals, drive too slow, cut me off, etc.

3- Chronic lack of responsibility. People who consistently don't do what they say.

4- Venue entrance/exit blockers. Have your freaking conversations somewhere else.

5- Any sort of product or service marketed through infomercials (or freeway off-ramp signs), at making humans richer and skinnier. If these things really worked, then why are we all fat and poor?

6- Litter bugs. That includes you Mr. Butthead.

7- Pan handlers. Just, just, just go do something!

8- Disorganization/clutter in my own spaces. Such as my office, my car, my house. I don't care about other people's spaces; clutter away!

9- Animal/child abusers. They've really got a lot of nerve picking on something defenseless.

And last, but certainly not least:

10- Gratuitous/multiple use of exclamation marks. This seriously annoys me!!!!!

"Cut out all these exclamation points. An exclamation point is like laughing at your own joke." F. Scott Fitzgerald.

"Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind." Terry Pratchett.

"Keep your exclamation points under control. You are allowed no more than two or three per 100,000 words of prose." Elmore Leonard.

No comments: