Monday, June 15, 2009

800 South River

Nancy and I ate lunch on Saturday at the South China House restaurant (428 East 900 South, SLC). You should check it out sometime if you have the chance. They serve really good food, and the lunch special costs $5.55. That includes the entree, fried rice, an egg roll, and soup.

Anyway, it started raining like crazy while we ate lunch. Nancy had her back to the window, but I didn't, and it looked like sheets of rain coming down.

After lunch, we entered the street to light rain, but nothing major.

But, holy cow! We soon found water gushing out everywhere as we started making our way to the freeway. The water had pushed the lids off several man hole covers, and water filled the intersections.

We drive a car with no real value, so we started barreling through huge puddles of water with our car, and eventually Nancy got out and waded through some of it.







1 comment:

Cormorant said...

Geeze! I had no idea it was SO torrential on Saturday! I have loved the rain, but man, we've been getting A LOT at once.