Sunday, February 10, 2008

Jazz

I don't care about Utah Jazz basketball. I did once, but not anymore. I can even tell when I stopped caring and why.

In 1998 the Utah Jazz played Chicago in the NBA Final, Brazil played France in the World Cup Final, and the U of U men's basketball team played Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament Final.

Guess what? The Jazz, Brazil, and Utah all lost. I couldn't believe it, and I decided I couldn't deal with so much loss. I decided then-and-there to dump the Utah Jazz. I haven't looked back since.

So, it might come as a shock to hear that I've attended three Utah Jazz games this year. Better yet, I had excellent seats for all three games.

I saw the Jazz take on the Cavaliers on November 7. I won tickets from work, and took my dad. We had a blast, and he said it ranked as one of the best games he's seen.

Brandon took me to the game on January 8, when the Utah Jazz played the Pacers. I talked the entire game, since the Jazz just killed the Pacers.

And, the point of this blog... I attended a game last night with my boss (Patrick), and business partners from ABP. Yeah, last night I entered the world of corporate schmoozing.

Don't get me wrong... I count Patrick and Shelly as my friends, but you know what I mean. I never thought I'd reach the day where I attended some event like a Jazz game off the dollar of a business partner. I mean, isn't that what grown-up, rich people do?

For heaven's sakes, I got to use the Sponsor Room (ABP sponsors the half-time stat sheets) before the game and during half-time. I got to eat chicken cordon bleu, dessert, nachos, popcorn, soft drinks, etc.

Anyway, regardless of my thoughts on the Jazz, I've had a great time all three games. I don't really care about the "action" on the court, it's all about the camaraderie in the stands.

By-the-way, my total ticket value for all three games? $360.

No comments: